Dr Mishra specialises on politico-security affairs of the Asia Pacific region. He has more than 150 national and international publications to his credit, and more than 70 TV and radio appearances to discuss on Asia-Pacific affairs. His edited books include: BCIM-Economic Corridor: The Road Ahead (Pentagon Press), The Peacock and the Garuda: An Overview of India-Indonesia Relations (Knowledge World), and Integrating Northeast in India’s Act East Policy (Vij Books).
Areas of Interest:
- ASEAN and the regional politico-security and economic architecture.
- Politico-security and economic affairs of the East and Southeast Asian region.
- China’s One Belt, One Road Initiative, Maritime Silk Road.
- Role of major powers in Asia Pacific Asia especially in the context of rise of China, and Indo-Pacific.
- China and its neighbourhood.
- India’s Act East Policy and its relations with Southeast Asian/Asia-Pacific countries.
- Developments in the Korean Peninsula and Oceania.
- PhD. Centre for South, Central, Southeast Asian & South-west Pacific Studies, SIS, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Master of Philosophy, Centre for South, Central, Southeast Asian & South-west Pacific Studies, SIS, JNU
- M. A. in Politics (with specialization in International Relations, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Consultant, Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (January 2017-)
- Research Fellow, Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) (2013- 2016)
- Coordinated the East and Southeast Asia division, at Indian Council of World Affairs (an institute of national importance under Government of India Act, funded by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India), Sapru House, New Delhi.
- Book Review Editor, India Quarterly, Published by SAGE Publishers, London, India Quarterly is a refereed journal of international affairs, and has been published since 1954.
- Project Coordinator, Ministry of External Affairs Project (completed in January 2015) on ‘Kabaw Valley and India-Myanmar Border’.
- Coordinator, ICWA Core Group on Myanmar- A group of eminent Indian experts on Myanmar, headed by Ambassador (retd.) PMS Malik. The twenty- member-strong group includes officials from the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Commerce, and Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Asia Fellow, East West Center in Washington D.C. 2015
- Visiting Research Fellow, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. 2012-2013
- Worked as a Researcher with a New Delhi based think tank- Institute for Defence Studies & Analyses (IDSA) from 2009 to 2013.
- Asian Graduate Student Fellow, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore as Visiting Fellow (2011).
- Research Associate at Centre for Air Power Studies on a Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India Project, (2008- 2009).
- Junior Fellow, Australia-India Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Government of the Commonwealth of Australia, 2008